Arenal Volcano Tour traverses the rainforest in which you will walk on a lava flow, also admire the Lake Arenal and its breathtaking views.
The Arenal Volcano tour starts with a drive to the active Western side of the volcano. Once there you will embark on a hike on a trail, which traverses the rainforest and crosses over a large lava flow from 1992. It is possible to observe a great variety of plants, wildlife and magnificent lava rock formations. Once on the top of the lava flow you will have a beautiful view of the Arenal Lake.
The hike ends up at a viewpoint, where if the weather allows, you will be able to feel and see the different factors that makes the Arenal an active Volcano. During the tour, our experienced guides will provide interesting and educational information regarding the history of the majestic mountain and the Arenal Volcano National Park. The tour concludes with a relaxing stop at the mineral hot spring. (Stop at hot springs is optional, entrance fee not included).
- Walk in the National Park to assess the effects of volcanic activity.
- Relax with natural mineral hot springs.
What You Can Expect
- We can expect a moderate effort and educational hike. Where our guides will tell you interesting facts about the volcano, its history, how does it work from the inside, how is been affecting the area, the people´s life and the local economy.
- During the hike we may spot some birds and native fauna of the place, as interesting flora which has prevailed in this difficult terrain.
- We offer this tour also combined with different choices of hot springs, to compliment a full volcanic combo experience.
- Activity recommended for people in regular shape.
- Hike lasting: 40 minutes approx.
- Hike takes place on a private reserve.
- Recommended for children over 7 years old.
- We provide ponchos in case of rain (during the rainy season).
- Pickup time will depend on your hotel, our reservations department will advise at the time of confirming the activity.
What is included
- Bilingual naturalist guide.
- Transportation in an A/C bus.
- Park entrance fee and beverages.
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing.
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes.
- Sunscreen lotion.
- Insect repellent.
For more information and prices please contact us here!